Most of the country is finally making significant moves to re-open the economy, but we won't be returning to "business as usual." Restaurants will have limited seating; events that garner large crowds won't happen as frequently; and there will be this fear of contracting a life-threatening disease looming over our shoulders until a vaccine is found.
Positive affirmations recited each day can help us to maintain a grounded presence and sound piece of mind amidst these trying times. Studies have shown that positive affirmations essentially enable us to respond to threats in a less defensive and resistant way.
By definition, positive affirmations are positive phrases or statements that help combat negative thoughts. Negative thoughts such as, "I am going to catch the coronavirus," "I won't be able to pursue my life goals," and "I'm afraid I'll get my loved ones sick" will be all too common.
Below is a list of 30 positive affirmations that will be specifically helpful for resuming our daily lives amidst the pandemic. One of the most effective ways to use positive affirmations and make them powerful is to write them down in a journal and say them in front of a mirror.
- I create a safe and secure space for myself wherever I am.
- I give myself permission to do what is right for me.
- I am confident in my ability to ___________.
- I use my time and talents to help others ___________.
- What I love about myself is my ability to ___________.
- I feel proud of myself when I ___________.
- I give myself space to grow and learn.
- I allow myself to be who I am without judgment.
- I listen to my intuition and trust my inner guide.
- I accept my emotions and let them serve their purpose.
- I give myself the care and attention that I deserve.
- My drive and ambition allow me to achieve my goals.
- I share my talents with the world by ___________.
- I am good at helping others to ___________.
- I am always headed in the right direction.
- I trust that I am on the right path.
- I put my energy into things that matter to me.
- I trust myself to make the right decision.
- I am becoming closer to my true self every day.
- I am grateful to have people in my life who ___________.
- I am learning valuable lessons from myself every day.
- I make a difference in the world by simply existing in it.
- I show my family how much I love them in all the verbal and non-verbal ways I can.
- I choose to see my family as a gift.
- I am a better person from the hardship that I’ve gone through with my family.
- I may not understand the good in this situation but it is there.
- I muster up more hope and courage from deep inside me.
- I choose to find hopeful and optimistic ways to look at this.
- I kindly ask for help and guidance if I cannot see a better way.
- I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried all possible ways.